Saturday 20th May: AGM and visit to Ardgillan Castle and Garden, Balbriggan, County Dublin
– 10.30 – 11.00 Registration, tea & coffee
– 11.15 – 12.15 Annual General Meeting
– 12.15 – 13.00 Talk by Dominica McKevitt, head gardener at Ardgillan
– 13.15 – 14.15 Lunch
– 14.15 – 15.45 Guided tour of the Gardens at Ardgillan with Dominica McKevitt to include the National Collection of shrubby potentillas
Notice of the 41st Annual General Meeting of the Irish Garden Plant Society to be held in Ardgillan Castle and Garden, Balbriggan on Saturday 20th May 2023 at 11.15am.
The agenda is as follows:
2. Minutes of AGM held on 7th May 2022 (via Zoom)
3. Matters arising
4. Chairman’s report
5. Treasurer’s report and accounts for 2022-2023
6. Election of Officers and Committee Member(s): Vice Chairperson, Committee member, Regional representatives
7. Discussion of any other business
The National Executive Committee 2022–23 comprises
1. Mary Forrest, Chairman
2. Vacant, Vice Chairman
3. Áine Máire Ní Mhurchú, Honorary Secretary
4. Nichola Monk, Membership Secretary
5. David Grayson, Honorary Treasurer
6. Breda Cummins, Leinster representative
7. Billy McCone, Northern representative
8. Stephen Butler, Committee and Plant Heritage representative
9. Vacant, Munster representative
10. Vacant, Committee member
The positions of Vice Chairman and a Munster committee representative and for a further committee member are currently vacant. Nominations are sought for these positions.
Nominations may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to IGPS, Honorary Secretary, c/o Áine Máire Ní Mhurchú, Croí Áirmid, Slanduff, Walterstown, Navan, Co Meath C15HKD1, to arrive no later than close of business on 5th May 2023. Nominations must include the name of the candidate, names of a proposer and seconder and a statement that the candidate has agreed to stand for election.
All members are entitled to attend the meeting free of charge and to vote. Booking is via this Eventbrite link.