NORTHERN REGION SPRING PLANT SALE AND SPECIAL EVENT at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum, Cultra, Co. Down.
Celebrate the spring season at the Glorious Gardens afternoon at the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum hosted by the Museum’s Garden Volunteers and the Irish Garden Plant Society.
Throughout the afternoon there will be a range of free activities including:
• Irish Garden Plant Society’s Plant Sale
• Demonstrations including traditional baking, willow weaving and forge work
• The Northern Ireland Bee Society information and beeswax candle making
• Make your own lavender bag, paper pots and floral posies
• Old Rectory Garden Walk & Talk with the Irish Garden Plant Society – at scheduled times
• Garden & Nature Photography workshop – places limited, advance booking is required
• Drop-in Garden Sketching – all materials supplied, at scheduled times throughout the afternoon
• Irish Garden Plant Society Raffle
Normal entrance fees apply. If you would like further information or would like to reserve a place on the Garden & Nature Photography workshop, please contact the Live and Learn team at the Museum on 0044 (0)28 9039 5081.
All of the plants on sale are provided by IGPS members, so you know that they’ve been grown with loving care and attention for you to take home and enjoy. Among the plants available, there will be some Irish cultivars.
All plants are keenly priced, with proceeds going towards the promotion and development of Irish plant cultivars.
· Get horticultural advice from our members who grow many of the plants on sale
· Enjoy light refreshments in the National Trust café in Rowallane House
. Take the time to explore one of Northern Ireland’s finest gardens
In addition to our own plant stall, there will also be a range of plants available from other specialist nurseries and from Rowallane garden.
As always we are calling for volunteers and donations of good quality plants.